Looking closer at the course description for the Fundamentals of Business Analytics course published by CHED in 2013. Amazing how closely it matches to the Intro to Analytics training i have been doing since 2012 when I founded BPO Elite.
The course provides students with an overview of the current trends in business analytics that drives today’s businesses. The course will provide understanding on data management techniques that can help and organization to achieve its business goals and address operational challenges.
- Define business requirements.
- Verify correctness of the contents of the data architecture.
- Describe where to look for data in an organization and create required reports.
- Understand data management concepts and criticality of data availability in order to make reliable business decisions.
- Demonstrate understanding of business intelligence including the importance of data gathering, data storing, data analyzing and accessing data.
- Understanding the functions and data access constraints of various departments within an organization and identify reports that are crucial for intelligent decision-making
- Work on various analytics tools available in the market for various business functions.
- Participate actively in business discussions with various departments and create common reports or specific/unique reports with regard to predictive and prescriptive analytics.
I think the biggest areas that I can add to my approach and highlight in my book is the reporting piece. How to create a report and make it a living document is something a lot harder then most people think.
Analytics Education – Facilitating a mastery of the fundamentals of analytics is what DMAIPH does best. As a key parnter of the Data Science Philippines Meetup Group, DMAIPH champions the use of using data. All across the world, companies are scrambling to hire analytics talent to optimize the big data they have in their businesses. We can empower students and their instructors with the knowledge they need to prepare for careers in analytics. Contact DMAIPH now at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with me directly so we can set a guest lecturer date, On-the-Job Training experience or other analytics education solution specifically tailored to your needs.