I had the privilege of working for the bank that is routinely ranked as one of, if not the top banking brands in the world. In my 15 years with Wells Fargo I learned some very valuable lessons about branding and how it can be used not just in marketing but across the organization to bring about a sense of enchantment to both customers and employees.
Having that experience, I continue to guide DMAI in a similar direction. We have a great logo, a clear mission to become the top name in analytics in the Philippines, a great tagline in Making Data-Driven Decisions and my name and face have come to stand as one of the more recognizable players in the BPO industry in the Philippines.
We have built a solid brand. Now as we grow, the challenge is to keep pushing the brand forward with equal amounts of consistency and innovation. We have a great story to tell when it comes to our origins, our evolution as a business and our role in the future of analytics in the Philippines.
With that in mind, I want to firmly establish some DMAI Brand Guidelines for all of our print, online and social media marketing efforts. We have a great team working on building the brand, so imagine how much more impactful we can be if we follow these simple points:
- Stick with red, white, blue and black. Look at the great brands of the world and you will notice the always have the same colors in use. McDo has Red and Gold. IBM has blue and white. Apple is silver.
- Size of fonts should always be readable (big enough to see without looking at it closely). You can never have a font size too big. If you can’t read something from 10-15 feet away, the message you are trying to convey is powerless. Verdana is the most easy to read font form either close up or far away.
- Company Name should always be DMAI (Decision- Making, Analytics and Intelligence). Ever since we started the company year 2013, we’ve been using the term DMAI in Social Media, Radio Guesting’s, Seminars and Speaking Engagements. There are 3 different companies under the DMAI umbrella already and soon we will be adding a 4th. BDO is BDO in public even though its legal name is Banco de Oro Unibank Inc.
- For job fair marketing materials (banners, standees, flyers, brochures) you can either use pictures of the employees with or without me, never with me alone. Always include the logo and avoid being wordy. Our message when it comes to hiring has to be about our team members.
- For all non-job related marketing materials, this is where we leverage my image. My name and face give us a lot of mileage within the academic and professional worlds. I really have successfully become the biggest name in analytics in the Philippines. Let’s keep maximizing that fact.
- For FB paid ad, layouts may not include images compromised of more than 20% text. Simple is best. Lots of open space, a catchy image and the bare minimum use of text. 90% of our FB messages are viewed on mobile devices.
I hope these points help guide us all in our marketing efforts. DMAI is well on its way to being a powerful and successful brand, and as Wells Fargo’s brand says… “Together, we will go far.”