Came across this interesting post on LinkedIn…
Database quality now has an unprecedented impact on the success of Big Data initiatives. To ensure that these databases are as productive as possible, Marketers must maintain good data hygiene.
Five steps for cleaner data:
1) Make sure your data entry team is keying in data accurately in the first place. Make the data entry team a priority.
2) Incentivize your sales team, call-center squad and other customer facing employees to regularly request updated contact information and other data from the customers they encounter.
3) Use available software, such as Trillium, to streamline the process of cleansing, correcting and updating email and postal addresses.
4) Allow customers access to their records so they can help keep them accurate. Consider offering discounts as an incentive for customers to participate.
5) Regularly contact customers, either via phone or email, to update records. This approach is critical with the most important accounts.
Having clean data is very, very important.
I have my admin team refresh my connection data on LinkedIn on a regular basis so our mailings lists stay up to date.
We also have audits of our client pipeline to make sure all relevant applicant data is captured for analysis.
Make sure you put some thought into how to keep your data clean!
Analytics is the application of using data and analysis to discover patterns in data. DMAIPH specializes in empowering and enabling leaders, managers, professionals and students with a mastery of analytics fundamentals.
DMAIPH is also a founding member of the Analytics Council of the Philippines and specializes in arming the Data-Driven Leader with the tools and techniques they need to build and empower an analytics centric organization. Analytics leadership requires a mastery of not just analytics skill, but also of nurturing an analytics culture. We have guided thousands of Filipino professionals to become better analytics leaders. Contact DMAIPH now at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with me directly to discuss a uniquely tailored strategy to ensure you are the top of your game when it comes to Analytics Leadership.