WHEN: Sept 25-26, 2018, 2018 | 9:00AM – 5:00PM
WHERE:Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
COURSE OVERVIEW: Analytics Expert Dan Meyer will be conducting a unique analytics training focusing on both Data Management and Visualization.
A presentation of the fundamental concepts and techniques in managing and presenting data for effective data-driven decision making.
LEARNING SESSION OBJECTIVES:
- Apply cutting edge technologies to organize, interpret, and summarize Big Data in your business.
- Create a process to analyze data and identify patterns not apparent at first glance
- Understand the four primary roles in analytics; data steward, data manager, data scientist and data analyst.
- Connect a data analysis tool such as MS Excel or Tableau to a database to be able to perform analysis on processed and stored data
IN THIS SESSION, YOUR ORGANIZATION WILL BE ABLE TO USE:
- Attendees will learn how to identify the right data, how data can be efficiently stored, then transformed into a friendly form for analysis, and finally how data analysis can yield insights.
- This training will also teach you variety of Data Visualization techniques using Tableau such as: heatmaps, and dashboards.
- Alongside with Visualization, this training will also teach you how to present and tell story with your data.
- Helping your managers, CEO, board of directors and even business owners make data-driven decisions.
- Specific skills to effectively frame the problem you’re addressing to uncover key opportunities and drive growth
- Critical marketing steps of orientation necessary before engaging tools and technology.
- How to simply and quickly amplify decision making by separating the signal from the noise
IN THIS SESSION, YOUR PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Learn the best practices for organizing, summarizing, and interpreting quantitative data
- Create a repeatable process for analyzing your data
- Shorten the time between analysis and action to avoid “analysis paralysis”
- Know how to get from hard data to well-reasoned conclusions
- Learn how to tell a story using data and learn how to present it visually appealing.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Business Analysts, Data Analysts and other Analytics Professionals
- Business professionals who are involved in day-to-day analysis of data.
- Data analysts who are already performing analysis using spreadsheets but struggle with manual data processing.
- Managers of analysts or staff who spend a significant amount of their time collecting, analyzing and reporting data.
- IT and Development Staff that work closely with business leaders and decision-makers.
- Academic Institution: Faculty Members, Research, Professors, Etc. who wish to further their knowledge in the area of Analytics (most especially Business Analytics).
- Professionals who are looking into upskilling themselves in Analytics.
- HR and Finance Professionals who are managing huge amount of data.
KEY TOPICS: DAY ONE – MANAGING DATA
SECTION ONE – Data Collection, Storage and Governance
- Learn the process of gathering and measuring information on targeted variables to answer relevant questions and evaluate outcomes.
SECTION TWO – Data Driven Cultures
- Per Gartner, “The data can only take an organization so far. The real drivers are the people.” We will assess your company’s culture.
SECTION THREE – Optimizing MS Excel
- Most of us use MS Excel for the majority of the analytics, so learn some tips on how to optimize the use of the powerful tool.
SECTION FOUR –Data Preparation for Advanced Analytics
- Learn why these 5 D’s are essential to data preparation for advanced analytics and data science.
KEY TOPICS: DAY TWO – PRESENTING DATA
SECTION FIVE – Business Intelligence Tools
- Get hands on with using Tableau Public and find the right business intelligence tool for your business needs.
SECTION SIX – Data Visualization
- Master the various types of data visuals so you always use the best visual to explain your data
SECTION SEVEN – Business Dashboards
- Learn how to design impactful dashboards and build a business dashboard prototype
SECTION EIGHT – Data Storytelling
- Apply the key elements of data storytelling to make more compelling analysis and reporting.
Dan Meyer heads Sonic Analytics, an analytics advocacy with offices in Manila and the San Francisco Bay Area. With over 20 years in Big Data, Dan is one of the most sought-after public speakers in Asia and has recently begun offering public training seminars in the United States.
Sonic Analytics(www.sonicanalytics.com) brings big data analytics solutions like business intelligence, business dashboards and data storytelling to small and medium sized organizations looking to enhance their data-driven decision-making capabilities. We also advocate the use of analytics for civic responsibility through training, consulting and education.
As citizens of this great democracy, we need to look at the data (analytics), plan a course of action (strategy) and share our data-driven viewpoints (presentation). This approach to a data savvy work force starts in school. So, we started an internship program to empower our youth to use Analytics, plan Strategy and Present their insights… ASP!