Join DMAIPH, Augment BPO and Sonic Analytics in a two-day analytics training for Team Leads on August 22-23, 2017 in Ortigas!
Learning Session Description
Every organization is looking for a way to better understand what’s working and what’s not working in their operations. By using meaningful Big Data Analytics techniques, your leadership efforts can be greatly enhanced.
Learning Session Outline
In the past few years, we have seen the importance of big data, analytics and data science grow at a dizzying pace.
With real-time operations metrics & reporting, we can finally know what’s happening in our business, with our employees and with our customers.
New technologies like social networks, data rich information systems and business intelligence applications are fundamentally changing the entire operations process.
The pressure to deliver results has never been greater. Team Leaders are now more than ever required to demonstrate the return on investment of their efforts are contributing to the bottom line.
Building analytics centric teams and using techniques taught in this training session will empower more data-driven decision making. This will result in both process efficiency and better return in investment in the operations of your business.
With the global demand for analytics-enabled talent booming and the coming threat of A.I. to the BPO industry, Team Leaders need a deep understanding of analytics.
Learning Session Objectives
- Apply Best Practice Techniques and Cutting Edge Technologies to Organize, Interpret, and Summarize Quantitative Data
- Create a Process to Analyze Data and Identify Patterns Not Apparent at First Glance
- Reduce “Analysis Paralysis” and Go from Hard Data to Well-Reasoned Conclusions in Less Time
- Understand the implications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in regards to the future of work in the Philippines.
Who Should Attend
This session is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Managers, Supervisors and Team Leads
- Business Analysts working as part of an Operations Team
- Leaders who oversee business operations
Learning Session Process
Based on a Set of Key Data Science and Analytics Competencies developed by the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), our learning sessions are designed for Team Leaders and Managers to use both in the Philippines and across the region.
Day One – Doc Ligot, Cirrolytix
Session One – Data Analytics Methods & Algorithms: Capture, clean and inspect data. Evaluate and implement data analytics to derive insights for decision making.
- Data Warehouses and Data Lakes
- Blending Data from Across the Organization
- Cloud Computing and 24/7 Data Access
Session Two – Data Science Engineering Principles for Business Operations: Use analytics software and system engineering principles and modern computer technologies to share findings and tell data stories. Develop analytic processes to improve HR operations.
- Analytics with Lean and Six Sigma
- Getting IT: the 3’s I and the 3 T’s of Data
- Data Science 101: How to Build a Data Science Team
Session Three: Computing Principles for Team Leads: Apply information technology, computational thinking and utilize programming languages to design and develop data analysis processes and techniques.
- Optimizing the use of MS Excel for Operations
- Mangement Reporting
- Working with the IT Team: Buy them Doughnuts
Session Four – Statistical Techniques for Data Analytics: Apply and/or direct the application of statistical concepts and methodologies for data analysis including predictive analytics.
- Predictive Analytics Case Study: Google’s Top Performer Model
- Tying Management Reporting to Predictive Models
- Group Exercise: Build a Top Performer Model
Day 2 – Dan Meyer, DMAIPH
Session Five – Domain Knowledge & Application: Apply domain-related knowledge and insights to effectively contextualize data, achieved by practical experience and exposure to emerging innovations.
- Overview of Big Data, Analytics & Data Science in the Philippines
- Cutting Edge Trends in Big Data
- How to Apply an Analytics Process to Solving Business Problems
Session Six – Data Management & Governance: Develop and implement data management strategies and governance, incorporating privacy, data security, polices and regulations, and ethical considerations.
- The 5 V’s of Big Data
- The 3 Tenants of Data Governance
- Information Security Guidelines for Filipino Businesses
Session Seven – Operational Analytics: Use data analytics and specialized business intelligence techniques for the investigation of all relevant HR data to derive insight in support of decision-making.
- Competitor Landscapes and Demographic Profiles
- BI Tools Demo: Tableau Public
- Social Media Data
Session Eight – Data Visualization & Presentation: Ability to create and communicate compelling and actionable insights from data using visualization and presentation tools and technologies. Build a Business Dashboard prototype.
- Data Visualization Guidelines
- Group Exercise: Build a Business Dashboard Prototype
- The Concept of Enchantment
- Data Storytelling Case Study: The Best NBA Team of All Time
Case Studies and Exercises
We will use case studies and group exercises throughout the two-day class. In these activities, the group is divided into teams. Each team will analyze datasets using the principals learned in the various learning sessions. These exercises will also use elements from the case studies as we progress from finding data, to conducting analysis on the data and finally presenting the data.
Early Bird Rate: P12,000+ VAT (till July 21)
Group Rate: P13,000+ VAT
Regular Rate: P14,600+VAT (starting July 22)
Two-day Analytics for Team Leads Training, Training Materials, AM/PM Snacks, Lunch and Certificate of Completion.
To inquire about this training or to register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (event organizer) or visit http://www.sonicanalytics.com (marketing partner).
The Augment BPO Data Science and Analytics Advocacy Project (Augment BPO) is empowering BPO Companies, Executives, and Workers in the Philippines to prepare for and address the clear and present danger posed by Artificial Intelligence Chatbots (AI Chatbots) to BPO revenue growth and jobs through Data Science and Analytics strategy planning, awareness building and upskill training.
Analytics Training – DMAIPH offers a wide range of analytics centric training solutions for professionals and students via public, in-house, on-site, and academic settings. We tailor each training event to meet the unique needs of the audience. If you need empowerment and skills enhancement to optimize the use of analytics in your organization, we are here to help. Contact DMAIPH now at email@example.com or connect with me directly to set up a free consultation to learn which of our DMAIPH analytics training solutions is best for you.