As 2014 is on the near horizon, I have been asked by more than a few people what I think the next year looks like in terms of analytics and its evolution as both a service and a career path. Now more than ever, I think it’s the time to really up our game in both terms of training talent and providing analytics solutions.
Here is why:
• BPAP and some of the big analytics companies like IBM and HP are moving quickly to infuse more analytics focused content into the higher education system. DMAI continues to get more requests to be involved with turning students onto BPO and analytics careers than I can address myself.
• The demand for analysts still far outweighs supply and the talent gap will quicken throughout the year. If you type in analyst in jobstreet.com.ph you will see about 1500 jobs posting on any given day. That’s a 33% jump from where the demand was less that two years ago.
• More companies are looking to the Philippines as place to start-up analytics teams. I’ve had conversations with about a dozen companies on the past six months asking me how to go about it.
• The biggest demand is for Fresh Grads and Undergrads who have the critical thinking skills and decision-making confidence needed for analytics. SO that’s is where DMAI will focus in the first half of 2014
• The SMEs (small and medium-sized entrepreneurs) are starting to see the need for analysts but don’t have access to the talent available. If fresh grads are once again our priority, SME needs is right behind it.
So in the coming months you will see DMAI strive to do the following:
1. Continue to add more positions with DMAI to meet the demand of overseas clients. We plan to grow from 12 to 20 analysts by the end of January alone.
2. Conduct more trainings, including the one we are doing as a charitable effort to support the people directly impacted by the recent typhoon.
3. Present at more schools and professional events to continue to sound the call to action.
If you are interested in joining our team as we charge ahead towards our goal of being THE name brand in analytics in the Philippines, please send me us your resume to email@example.com.
If you’d like to learn more about how our analytics talent and solutions can help your business, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org