Analytics is key for any organization to be able to strive for operational excellence and succeed.
Came across this blog post on LinkedIn talking about operational excellence. The author provided 5 pieces in the flow of a continual cycle of operational excellence:
- Strategic Clarity – Clarify the business model and sources of competitive advantage for each business line
- Culture of Excellence – Instill a philosophy of relentless passion for operational improvement
- Advantaged Architecture & Process – Design operational architecture, processes and production system to create competitive advantage
- Well-Orchestrated Journey – Disaggregate journey into a sequence of digestible pieces driven by real change leaders
- Superior Alignment & Execution – Align organization with objectives and reinforce with superior execution
Looking at how we put these ideas into action, here is what I hope the DMAI team can do.
We can continue to look at each business line to make sure its running optimally. Often we focus our energy just on what’s broken, and rarely focus on what’s working. We lost track of the fact that just because its working, doesn’t mean it’s optimal.
We can demand more from people. Allowing mediocrity to become the norm is a sure sign we have lost our passion to improve ourselves and our business.
We can document more. We can share the documentation more. We can use the documentation as a living, evolving part of the business that will keep things innovative and forward looking.
We can set tactical goals. We can reward ourselves to celebrate these successes. And we can use these successes to springboard us to the next tactical goal as we string together success after success towards out ultimate strategic goal. Be the name brand in analytics here in the Philippines.
We can constantly promote, motivate and empower each other to strive towards operational excellence and never accept operational mediocrity.
We can all get behind the core values of the company, behind our strategic vision and more in unison in our never ending pursuit of operational excellence.
Analytics is the application of using data and analysis to discover patterns in data. DMAIPH specializes in empowering and enabling leaders, managers, professionals and students with a mastery of analytics fundamentals. Contact DMAIPH now at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with me directly to find out what we can do to help you acquire the analytics mastery you and your organization need to be successful in today’s data-driven global marketplace.