Found this on LinkedIn. Pretty good tips for those who like me, are check off the list kinds of people. My ways of meeting each task are in Bold.
“I’ve always been focused on performance. I’m a list person. I love the feeling of crossing things off. It makes me feel productive. Plus, consistent productivity has the wonderful byproduct of accomplishing more. It’s the list of ten things I try to do every workday. Yes, there are days when I don’t get them all done, but I do my best to deliver. It has proven very effective for me. They are:
- Read something related to my industry. I do this mainly via LinkedIn articles and posts via groups. I also subscribe to several blogs. I am a huge consumer of information.
- Read something related to business development. – I read Seth Godin’s (marketing guru) blog daily. I connect with new people on LinkedIn daily.
- Send two emails to touch base with old colleagues. – I Do this via replying to old LinkedIn messages and reaching out on Facebook.
- Empty my private client inbox by responding to all career coaching questions within one business day. – I try to reply to current and former trainees asap, generally via FB chat or e-mail. I have conversations everyday and consistently share info with them via FB groups.
- Check in with each team member on their progress. – Since we are a virtual team, this is mainly done via FB chat or Skype.
- Have a short non-work related conversation with every employee. – Same as above… gotta love FB chat.
- Review my top three goals for my company that are focused on its growth. – This I can improve on, but for the most part its branding, networking and business development, which I do every day via e-mail, LinkedIn, Facebook and industry meetings/events.
- Identify and execute one task to support each of my top three goals. – Here is where a list comes in handy. To do lists are SO important for me and make all the difference between a satisfying and productive day and a day spent chasing my tail.
- Post five valuable pieces of content on all my major social media accounts. – Five? Wow that’s a lot. I try to blog 4-5 times a week, I share things on LinkedIn as much as possible and I cut and paste a lot of new stories, but I am now gonna tick off 5 a day to make sure I am at least doing that many. As a good friend often reminds me… content > readers > followers > customers.
- Take a full minute to appreciate what I have and how far I’ve come. – I love what I do, so this is never a problem.
This list could be longer. BUT…
If it was longer, I wouldn’t be as good at getting them all done. This list is manageable to me. Of course, I do more than these ten things every day. But, these are the ten I choose to do with consistency. Why? Over the years, they’ve proven the best way for me to grow my career and my business. The collective results have made completing these tasks consistently; even when I don’t feel like it, well worth it. – I couldn’t have said it better myself!