I’m scheduled to speak to do a workshop on Understanding Business Analytics in mid February. I will be followed by a 1 hour Analytics Overview with a couple hundred students. Pretty excited about this!!
And to make it even more awesome… its in Cebu!
(1) Provide a 6 hour presentation on Understanding Business Analytics to 15-20 faculty members (Core Group). (2) Provide a 1 hour presentation on an Overview of Business Analytics to a student group. Both presentation will include exercise and discussion in addition to the lecture.
- The presentation with the Core Group will be from 9:00AM- 3:00PM.
- The student overview about Business Analytics from 3:00PM- 4:00PM.
Core Group Content:
- An orientation about the concept of Business Analytics (60 minutes)
- Current Trends in Analytics for the Philippines (60 minutes)
- Analytics Group Exercise: Let’s Find Some Data (60 minutes) – will need internet access via smartphones, tablets and/or laptops.
- Discussion about Descriptive Analytics, Predictive Analytics and Big Data (60 minutes) – will need internet access
- Demonstration on how to use Tableau (30 minutes)
- Questions and Answers (30 minutes)
Student Group Content:
- An quick orientation Business Analytics (15 minutes)
- Analytics Group Exercise: (15 minutes)
- Demonstration on how to use Tableau (15 minutes)
- Questions and Answers (15 minutes)
My absolute favorite thing to do in the world is to get college students excited about analytics careers!!!!