Recently I was asked to put together an FAQ about analytics. Based on my experiences from training people how to better use analytics, these 20 questions are the ones I most commonly get asked.
- To start can you provide us with a basic overview of what is analytics?
- Can you tell us what makes you an analytics guru?
- What are some of the current trends in analytics?
- Can you please describe the current state of analytics in the Philippines?
- What are some basic strategies an analyst can use to find the right data at the right time?
- Can you provide some tips on how to manage data?
- What exactly is data science and why the rapid rise of data scientists?
- Here something a lot of us are wondering, what exactly is big data and how can we use it?
- Can you please describe the concepts of storing data in a data ware house?
- Please talk about how, when and why we use should descriptive analytics?
- Can you next describe how to best use predictive analytics?
- Next please explain when and how we can use prescriptive analytics?
- A lot of us want to know what is business intelligence and how does it add value to analytics?
- What is data visualization and how does it help drive better decision-making?
- What is a business dashboard and how is it used in a business?
- Can you tell us more about current trends and hot new tools in social media analytics?
- Many of us work in recruitment or HR. What are some best practices and technologies used in HR and recruiting?
- Can you please talk about recent developments in higher education on how to train more analysts?
- How would you describe your approach to teaching analytics?
- So in conclusion can you explain a little more about your own method for using data to drive better decision making?
Each day for the next several days, I will take each question and elaborate and share with you my own personal FAQ on the Fundamentals of Analytics.
The Fundamentals of Business Analytics – Business Analytics is the application of talent, technology and technique on business data for the purpose of extrating inights and discovering opportuniites. DMAIPH specializes in empowering organizations, schools, and busiensses with a mastery of the fundamentals of business analytics. Contact DMAIPH now at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with me directly to find out how you can strengthen your business analytics fundamentals.