Greetings to You My Valued LinkedIn Connection,
I was talking with a young professional just getting started in his analytics career. During our conversation we discussed what is most important to being a great analyst. With that in mind, I’d ask you to share your thoughts.
In your opinion, of the following ways to learn about analytics, which one has been the most important in your career path?
- Formal Education – A degree or certificate in an analytics related field.
- Self-Learning – Using trial and error and online resources.
- Subject Matter Experts – Being trained/mentored by an expert.
- Seminars/Workshops – Attending events to acquire new knowledge.
- Technical Training – Attend training on specific technical areas.
Thanks for sharing. As always I will roll up all the replies I get and blog about it.
Dan Meyer, Analytics Champion, http://www.dmaiph.com
Analytics Survey – DMAIPH conducts quarterly analytics surveys to collect data on current trends in analytics. We specialize in surveys that assess analytics culture and measuring how aligned an organization is to using data and analytics in its decision-making. Contact DMAIPH now at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with me directly to find out more about how DMAIPH can conduct surveys to help you assess the analytics culture in your business.