My good friend Albert Gavino recently posted about why there is such a strong need right now for data science consultancies.
Bert is a data scientist in the truest sense of the word. So when he listed 10 reasons, which I think are spot on, I asked him if I could share. The 10 reasons are:
- Some (if not most) companies want to get into it, but are not sure if they need it.
- They need direction on how to do it.
- They need information on how much to invest in data science infrastructure
- They need people with skill sets to be able to implement data science
- Some are biased towards proprietary software while some like the open source guys like Apache.
- CEOs think it’s all about big data
- Data Science is continually evolving so don’t ask me about AI and deep learning….it’s still transforming things
- How much does it cost to consult for a data science? pretty high because we all know demand and supply in this industry
- Recruiters confuse programming languages and tools such as R, Python, SPSS, SAS, matlab, spark, scala, hadoop, hive, mahout (there are just too many out there they would get lost)
- There is a gap in our Academic Curriculum where they just teach electives such as Business Analytics which does lack a lot of information to the needs of the industry.
So if the point is not already clear, there is a growing difference between the haves and the have nots when it comes to analytics and data science.
If you want to be with the have and leave all the have nots behind, you have to invest in a good analytics solution, a data science team and some technology to help you handle your big data.
If you want to learn more, please look for my friend Albert Gavino or connect with me. Also, Talas Data Consultancy will be hosting a Data Science Conference on November 26, 2016. I will be there meeting and greeting analysts, data scientists and people interested in how to use data to drive better decision-making.
Analytics Culture – The key to using analytics in a business is like a secret sauce. It is a unique combination of analytics talent, technology and technique that are brought together to enrich and empower an organization. A successful analytics culture is not easy to create, but DMAIPH can show you how. Contact DMAIPH now at email@example.com or connect with me directly so we can build a strategic plan to turn your company into analytics driven success story.