Came across this blog post recently
I love the points made here. For the sake of brevity, data-driven leaders do these 10 things:
- Don’t try to do it all alone.
- Do what you say, actions need to follow words.
- Analytics leadership has to come from the top. The boss has to be a user of data.
- Data-Driven Leaders use analytics to make sure they have a feel for the culture of their business. They have the pulse of it at their fingertips.
- You need to surround yourself with people who speak data. It has to be ingrained in your leaders for your leadership to work.
- When your data brings business problems to light, then tackle them swiftly.
- Always look for new data geek recruits. Find apostles.
- Tell your story. If you are doing it right with analytics, then you need to let the world know about it.
- Constantly refresh your strategy with new data and new analysis. Dont make decisions on stale information.
- Always keep an eye on the long term. Balance your time and focus between tactical and strategic needs.
When you strive to do these things, you make those around you better. You will empower them to start doing the same thing and you will be well on your way to not just being a Data-Driven Leader, But running a Data-Driven Organization.
Analytics Leadership – DMAIPH specializes in arming the Data-Driven Leader with the tools and techniques they need to build and empower an analytics centric organization. Analytics leadership requires a mastery of not just analytics skill, but also of nurturing an analytics culture. We have guided thousands of Filipino professionals to become better analytics leaders. Contact DMAIPH now at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with me directly to discuss a uniquely tailored strategy to ensure you are the top of your game when it comes to Analytics Leadership.